Collection 0046 - Taste of Ukraine restaurant collection

Original Digital object not accessible

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Taste of Ukraine restaurant collection

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Collection

Reference code

CA BMUFA 0046

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • ca. 1990 (Collection)
    Collector
    Stelmack, Elmer

Physical description area

Physical description

0.1 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Custodial history

Scope and content

The collection consists of the brochure of the Taste of Ukraine restaurant and the menu. The Taste of Ukraine restaurant was located near Chipman, Alberta. The house was originally built by John Wyrha (1908-1911) near Caliento, MB, approximately 10 miles from Vita, MB, near the US border. The house was purchased by Michael and Evdokia Mushaluk, parents of Mrs. Fedoryshyn and then sold to Stephen Fedoryshyn in 1935. Stephen and Mary Fedoryshyn lived in the house until 1967. They had two daughters: Roslyn who married John Bohonos, and Mrs. Stephen Verchomin, wife of Peter Verchomin.

In the summer of 1979, Henry Panych purchased the house and on Labour Day weekend, he and his brother Fred carefully recorded the layout of the house and tagged every timber and material (except the thatch). With the help of two local people the house was dismantled and loaded on a Doucet Transport high boy and hauled to Chipman, AB.

In 1980 the house was assembled in a new location using original timber. The decayed material was replaced. The unique 12 foot chimney was reconstructed by Jim Serink and the rye straw for the thatched roof was made by John Stanko.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

UF2016.48

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related genres