Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA BMUFA 0021-A-B-2008.024.c007
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
27 Nov. 1983 (Creation)
Physical description area
1 audio cassette (=1 audio file)
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
Natalka Andrusyshyn (nee Ostashevs’ka) born on September 25, 1905 in Korcheva, Rava Rus’ka. Came to Canada in 1928. Her brother and husband organized a Chytal’nia in Canada. Her mother died in 1927. Her husband was 10 years older, born in Shchepiatyn. Her brother and husband went to Canada and settled in Montreal, and sent for her. She arrived to Halifax by the boat “Estonia”. On Sheptyts’koho the first pioneers were the Borshchevski. Father John started building a church in 1925-26. Neighbors were Slovaks and Hungarians. Father Lukashuk. Harsh winter life. Moved from Sheptyts’koho 17 years and moved to Vaz D’or in 1946. Sheptytskoho was renamed in 1936 into Castaneda (???) when Frenchmen arrived from Montreal over there and burnt the school and monastery.
IUrii Sup was born on May 6, 1926 100 miles from Montreal. His parents came to Canada in 1907. They had some business in the Old Country but lost it to a fire 3 times, after the 3rd time they left for Canada. They arrived to Sheptytskyi in 1929.
Ivan Smoly was born on 21 March 1908 in Sokal’, village of Hil’tsi (???). Came to Canada in 1927 to a farm in Crydor (???), Saskatchewan (arrived to Halifax by a boat).
Maria Sup-Smoly (sister of Ivan Smoly) born on March 23, 1921. Came to Sheptytskyi in 1929. There was UNO organization in Val D’or and people from Sheptytskyi would come to it (it was organized in about 1935-36). Mr. Mazuryk was its head. There was no Ukrainian church, so that when Father Horoshko would come he would run services in a Hall where an altar would be put (later on Horoshko left for the Orthodox church). Orthodox priest would come: Pareniuk, Skorbnyk, Shchavel’, Tsiupka, Lotytskyi, Zhykhuda(???), Chaika (the current priest). Ukrainian church in Val D’or was built in 1953 under Father Chaika.
Two first minutes - no sound.